The Worcester Philatelic & Postcard Society Instituted 1923
Over the years the society has many changes of name from its institution in 1923 as the Worcestershire Philatelic Society, this confirmed from a folder that had been deposited for safe keeping at Worcester City Library. The folder contained a letter dated 27th March 1931 confirming the society’s President as Mr N.F. Cooper and the Honorary Secretary as Mr Vivian Collett, F.R.P.S. London. After the Second World War the society was reformed as the Worcester Stamp Club by the late Ian Crickmer (He was a prominent activist in philatelic circles until his untimely death in 1977) this is confirmed by a letter from the folder dated 27th March 1947 from the Mayor of Worcester forwarding a letter and envelope to the stamp club. About 1954 the name was changed to the Worcester Philatelic Society and then changed in the 1970s – 1980s to the Worcester & District Philatelic Society. In September 1999 the society became known as the Worcester & District Philatelic & Postcard Society with closing of the Malvern Postcard Club. The name then changed in 2005 to its present name the Worcester Philatelic & Postcard Society.